Sunday, October 4, 2009

Two Sisters of 'Sorority Row

Two Sisters of 'Sorority Row'

Two of MTV's reality hotties, Audrina Patridge ("The Hills") and Jamie Chung ("The Real World: San Diego"), star as college coeds in the campy horror flick "Sorority Row" (in theaters September 11), which follows a group of sorority sisters who try to cover up the death of one of their own, then find themselves being stalked by a serial killer! I got to talk to the aspiring actresses briefly about their new film -- which makes me happy that I never pledged a sorority -- as well as how they got their starts in reality television.

Michelle Williams: 'I Feel Hopeful and Grateful'
Michelle Williams has kept a relatively low profile since Heath Ledger, the father of her daughter, Matilda, tragically died in January 2008. Who can blame her? Every time Williams and her little girl step out the door of their Brooklyn brownstone, the paparazzi are ready to pounce. In an attempt to shield her child from intrusive photogs and unnecessary coverage in the tabloids, the actress has been extremely reluctant to give interviews ... until now.

"I didn't know what my boundaries were for a long time, which made interviews feel very unsafe," she shares in Vogue's October issue. "I can talk about grief, because that's mine; about single parenting; about trying to balance work and kids. But what I don't have to talk about is what happened between Heath and me in our relationship."

Clearly, the actress adored Ledger, whom she met while filming "Brokeback Mountain." "[It] was an unrepeatable moment in time, a very charmed time in my life," she recalls. "I was in love; I was in a movie I was proud to be a part of, and with a beautiful brand-new baby. Everything was good in that moment."

'Don't Cha' Wish Your Girlfriend Was Colbie Caillat?

When the Pussycat Dolls and Busta Rhymes released "Don't Cha" in 2005, it was a sassy, brash, in-your-face pop tease. It was also a worldwide hit, sitting at No. 1 in the United States for 19 straight weeks.

But the song you danced to four years ago could've sounded a lot different with someone else at the mic. In fact, it was offered to English pop group Sugarbabes and reality TV diva Paris Hilton before it landed in the Dolls' hands.

And now, as part of Pepsi Music's "Cover Art" series, Colbie Caillat is taking it for a spin. The "Bubbly" singer transformed the track into a slow, sultry vocal seduction laid over a jazzy, funky backdrop. "I chose this song because I wanted to have fun and kind of get out of my comfort zone," she explained.

Take a look and a listen, though, and you'll see an artist who looks quite comfortable taking something familiar and making fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment